One the most exclusive hidden jewels of the Upper Blue Mountains, tucked away towards Grand Canyon and Evans Lookout, "Westhill" is a 140-year-old-property whose iconic farmhouse was extended by world renowned multi-award winning Australian architect Glenn Murcutt.
With two magnificent glass-walled pavilions that back onto the Blue Mountains National Park, the due North vistas are superb. Murcutt's genius combination of 'floating' pavilions, exquisite log fireplaces and a protected outdoor barbecue room provides for an outstanding family living experience. Superb accommodation with a master en-suite & walk-in robe, plus multiple French doors out to the verandah, all herald a prestige lifestyle.
This well-appointed, immaculately presented home offers high ceilings, ducted heating and a main bathroom that sports a bath painted by former owner artist Jenny Kee and hand-made tiles by artist partner Michael Ramsden.
There are few properties that epitomise a mountain escape as flawlessly as this estate. Occupying 1.6 hectares, a pebble stone approach is surrounded by a multitude of floodlit garden rooms that have been extensively developed and lovingly nurtured by the current owners over a period of 17 years.
An extensive irrigation grid, installed when this was first a nursery in the 1940s, feeds the organic vegetable garden. There are fruit trees and Wisteria arbours, a Koi pond, wood ducks on the dam, kangaroos at dusk, thousands of spring & autumn bulbs and constructed pathways with meticulous box hedging. Hidden away is a Poplar Sapling branch teepee and an orchid shed offering quiet contemplative spaces. Boasting shade, shelter, surprise and adventure this property is as much about the magnificent park-like gardens, which include an old pine forest, expansive grasslands, deciduous woodland and cold-climate plantings, as it is about the award-winning home.
- Prestigious Glenn Murcutt design, 1.6 hectares: IG @westhillbluemountains
- Screened glass louvre walls out to screened barbecue entertaining room
- Outstanding open-plan living, dining & granite kitchen with two log fireplaces
- 3 generous bedrooms, master with WIR & en-suite; self-contained 1 bed cabin
- Artists Jenny Kee & Michael Ramsden inspired main bathroom
- Tasmanian oak floors, quality carpets, ducted central heating
- 5 mins to Blackheath Village and 2 mins to Blackheath Golf Course
Co-agent: Brendan Purcell 0413 630 2226